International Metal Rage Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about the english modifications

+5
Aldebaran
xxwhatever
Izuro
Zen
Mugen
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Questions about the english modifications Empty Questions about the english modifications

Post by Mugen Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Ok guys, due to I want to keep the tutorial-threads clean, this topic here is for everyone who has trouble or questions about how to get the modifications started or what to do with XYZ.
Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

https://mech.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Questions about the english modifications Empty Re: Questions about the english modifications

Post by Zen Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey i already had the metal rage in english not the one like in your image with the last attachments and i did it today and the launcher changed to its default language with the updated attachments what can i do am i doing something worng?

Zen
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Questions about the english modifications Empty Re: Questions about the english modifications

Post by Zen Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:48 pm

It does not work as the last updates of the attachments i dont know i did the same as last tiem but this time it didnt work :/

Zen
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:09 pm

The latest attachments work with the NEW SYSTEM ONLY! Not like before with replacing the files but with switch language with switch.cmd file.
Ok sure, you can rename the .e_dds to .dds and replace it but the new system has its reason, for getting faster started at the launcher's check.

Read the tutorial for further instruction.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Well i did how its said in your tutorial look a do this (im very sorry but sometimes i get confuse)
1-. I get the attachments and download them
2-. I check where it says read only
3-. I copy them where it says metal rage online/data/system..... and Metal rage online/data/Resource/tw/UI.....
4-. I get the attachments the the ones that says language in the tutorial, then i put it where the icon of metalrageonly.exe something like that exist
inside the D:Programs (x86)/Metal Rage Online folder something like that then I create the shortcut in the desktop and i start the launcher when it has finished loading i run the switch.cmd or something i don't remember exactly whats the name (sorry) and wen i start nothing happens everything stills in Chinese
and i want to ask u what i am doing bad I apologize for asking so much sorry :/

Zen
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Well i did it but inside the hangar doesnt change anything also the player information at the bottom in the page were the rooms are and the commands ingame stills in japanese or whatever it is that language also the past attachments traslated the name of the room and now it doesnt change is in japanse i did all what u said but just some things changed if somebody could help me with my problem please

Zen
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:46 am

Alright so ... you really are a troublesome guy, you know?

However let's see if we can settle this down.

The current default status before starting anything should be:
  • D:\Program Files (x86)\MetalRage Online\current_language.txt should be filled with the word chinese
  • D:\Program Files (x86)\MetalRage Online\data\Resource\twt\UI should contain all original .dds files and up to four .e_dds files (ShortCut, Lobby_01, Login_01, Hangar_Main) which are set on "read only"
  • D:\Program Files (x86)\MetalRage Online\data\System should contain all original .twt files, 32 .e_twt files and all the other systemfiles which are original

Now when you start your launcher, it should run fast its check and when the check is done, you don't touch the launcher but run switch.cmd.
After having this done ...
  • D:\Program Files (x86)\MetalRage Online\current_language.txt should be filled with the word english
  • D:\Program Files (x86)\MetalRage Online\data\Resource\twt\UI should contain all unchanged and the changed .dds files (changed .dds files have "read only") and up to four .c_dds files (ShortCut, Lobby_01, Login_01, Hangar_Main)
  • D:\Program Files (x86)\MetalRage Online\data\System should contain all changed .twt files (which have "read only"), 32 .c_twt files and all the other systemfiles which are original

If something in part II is not being done, the switch.cmd does not work as it should then try to rename switch.cmd to switch.bat and try again.

If it still does not work, make sure you run the switch NOT as administrator .

And always make sure before starting the game, the default status must exist, if you have forgotten to run switch.cmd a second time after the game, thus you'd start already with english files and would change them into chinese when the launcher is done ...
The launcher should NOT download any but two files, so the green bar above the red bar should NOT appear more than two short default times, if you see your launcher downloading any .dds.zip or .twt.zip thus it takes again a long time to start, your current language is set to english and not to chinese which it needs to be at this point.
Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:09 pm

thanks i have solved my problem Smile

Zen
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Izuro Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi,

I completed all the steps in your tutorial and changed the properties to read only too. Unfortunately, when i press the switch.cmd button and check for the current_language.txt file it shows me that it is still in chinese.

What could be the problem?

Izuro
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Only thing I could imagine is you set current_language.txt as well to "read only" which should not be due to the switch.cmd has to get access on that textfile for writing the different words Wink

Make sure, current_language.txt and switch.cmd are NOT set to "read only".
Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

Back to top Go down

Post by Izuro Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Ok i checked the files and they were not set to "read only"

In addition, when I launch the switch.cmd and the window appears it shows "Access denied" in the whole window.

Izuro
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Let me guess you have installed the game on C:\Program Files and run Windows Vista or 7?
Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

Back to top Go down

Post by Izuro Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Yes that's right and it's in C:\Program Files x86

Izuro
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Yeah so try running switch.cmd as Administrator else it won't work due to C:\Program Files (x86) requires Administrator-Rights (which you should notice when to copy a file into it Wink
Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

Back to top Go down

Post by Izuro Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Ok I tried it by executing with Administrator-Rights but it doesn't work either

Izuro
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:59 am

If it still says "access denied" or so, keep in mind better don't install games on C:\Program Files due to these kind of issues Wink
If you have a D:\ existing and space on it, move your MetalRage Online folder to D:\Program Files and try it there else ... well dunno I'll wait for your reply.
Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

Back to top Go down

Post by Izuro Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Hey sorry for replying so late. Sadly, i don't have a second partition on my hard disk drive but can i install the game in 'my documents' for example?

Izuro
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:20 pm

yeah you could also move C:\Program Files (x86)\MetalRage Online to C:\MetalRage Online if I am correct or move them to your documents should work as well, just moving can't cause damage so give it a try Wink
Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

Back to top Go down

Post by xxwhatever Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:06 pm

people i had problem the language failing too.... if u didnt notice its D:\Program Files (x86) not C:\Program files (x86), u dont need to run switch as administrator, simply go to D:\ disk, create folder "Program Files (x86)", then go to C: disk, find ur metal rage folder (it should be there by default), and move all the folder to D:\Program Files (x86) (the one u created), then make shortcuts of launcher and switch on desktop, run launcher, run switch, click launcher button to start the game, and enjoy english language Smile at first i had same problem too, and was wondering which part did i do wrong... thought maybe i didnt mark all read only or something went wrong with files....however its just a simple problem - ur game folder has to be in D: disk Program Files (x86) folder, even if theres no program files on D: disk lol

xxwhatever

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:36 am

Well for me it's common, since I install ALL programs on D:\ due to programs have C:\Program Files (x86) shown as default I change C: to D: ^__^

But I guess people who just use pc for entertainment put everything on C:\ I see this everyday at my comrades at work ;D but filling C:\ is always a bad idea, only system-important things and capital used programs (like Adobe, 7zip, Firefox etc.) should be put on it, so Windows would not become too slow within a short period due to fragmented partition.

Anyway I use an SSD as C:\ so I'd never even think about putting useless stuff on it.

And as mentioned: Windows Vista / 7 / 8 use default C:\Program bla with adminsitrator rights, so there'll always be a high chance for having trouble Wink

But thanks for your freedback, I added the information 'bout this in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

Back to top Go down

Questions about the english modifications Empty Problems

Post by Aldebaran Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Hello there to all,

sorry at first if i dont get things on the first try, im still a newb to all of this, also english isnt my native language, which doesnt help...

Anyway, i copied all the .e_twt-files into Metal Rage Online/data/system and all .e_dds-files into Metal Rage Online/data/Resource/twt/UI.
*all of those are write protected and only readable*

Put switch.cmd and current_language.txt in the Metal Rage Folder aswell *NOT write protected and just readable*

Started launcher, when its ready runned switch.cmd and then start the launcher...

And got an Fatal Error...

HERE:

Build MR_Build_[2009-12-10_09.30]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2802 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series (7050)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your MetalRage.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Thank you in advance

Aldebaran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Yo, welcome.

Question: If you run launcher as default (without switch.cmd), so with original chinese language - do you get the same error? [keep in mind, if you have run switch.cmd only once your language is now english and it will download all files, check if your language.txt says english or chinese, if it says english, run switch.cmd again]

For me it seems, you would, the file-switching can't do anything that would cause this error.

Anyway as is written, as well give it a try and delete D:\Program Files (x86)\MetalRage Online\data\System\MetalRage.ini
Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

Back to top Go down

Post by Alde Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Hello, thanks at first for the fast reply, after seeing your profile..you are German aswell...but for the sake of other i will continue to write in english..(we could PM however)

Its me again...Aldebaran...for some reason this site keeps telling me i used the wrong password/profile name even though i used the *new* password by using the "Forget Password" function and it still not working.

Anyway...

So i deleted the Metalrage.ini...and without using switch.cmd everything is in Chinese like usual and the game works

Now...everytime i used the Launcher, it downloads Lobby_01.dds.zip and ShortCut.dds.zip, is it supposed to download these? (the changed files are still there after the update)

and after the Launcher was ready (aka COMPLETE*) and used switch.cmd (after using it, the language.txt says its now in english), everything is still in chinese in the login.

Alde
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:44 am

Well it seems, there has been some issue in your files, so when it's downloading any files it means they are NOT original, which means at this time they are the english ones which makes sense because when you say you run switch.cmd again it would mean the english files are switched to chinese now and thus you have chinese again, which can happen under some circumstances, the .cmd batch is just one-way working, I didn't write the script for checking all possible situations Wink

Dunno what went wrong, though but it should be an easy thing to start from a clean start, just download the original files and modified files again and try from point zero.

About the forum-account, yeah someone else had this issue, I had to reenter his password again as administrator, dunno why after all it's a free forum, so things can happen Wink

if you want to discuss things live, you can try to catch me at TS3: 81.169.178.122:9987 pw: keinplan - even so can't tell you when I'm online there due to I have a new xbox 360 to play some games at xD

Mugen
Mugen
鐵影特攻Online
鐵影特攻Online

Back to top Go down

Post by Alde Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:34 am

Looks like "Alde" will be my main account here ..

Well i got a bit confused about the part containing of "switch.cmd" i can only guess it did now the reverse effect...AKA: switched english to chinese..derp.

However what i DID understand was to start from the very begginning and..now it works, (but why and for how long...?)

Thanks Mugen, now i can try that game Very Happy

Alde
Visiter
Visiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next